December 11, 2018 –
Reports To: Operations Manager
The tower climber (Level 2) position is for an experienced tower climber and duties include all aspects of tower work, from structural beef-up’s to equipment maintenance. The level 2 position requires the comprehension and use of varying tools and test equipment. In addition, the employee will be required to pass several safety and knowledge-based courses applicable to the position.
- Tower safety assessment
- Asses tower
- Site preparatory work
- Tower and load rigging, as instructed.
- Antenna/jumper/TMA/CBC/coax installation and replacement.
- RET motor replacement
- Ice bridge installation
- Microwave dish alignment and pathing
- Antenna downtilts
- Installation and replacement of tower lighting components
- Familiar with reading Site Drawings/Blueprints
- Safe Driver
- Site preparatory work
- Build microwave/antennas
- Positive Evaluation (top 25%)
Required Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills:
- Successful completion of all Level 1 Requirements
- Manager recommendation
- Job requires frequent light to medium lifting (10-50lbs) and occasional heavy to very heavy lifting (> 50 lbs) (per document 37.02 U.S. Department of Labor Physical Demand Characteristics of Work).
- Starting hourly : Based on Experience
- Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week scheduled; possible night and weekend work
- Travel Required: Yes ($35/night per diem when staying out of town)
- 401K Package (after 1 year)
- 4 Paid Vacation Days/Year
- 24 hours PTO (1st year); 80 hours PTO (after 1 year)
Measures of Success:
- Satisfactory completion of all key responsibilities for position.
- Successful completion of Competent Climber Certification Course
- Successful completion of Tower Rescue Certification Course
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid Certification Course
- Successful completion of OSHA 10 Course
- Complete the following knowledge-based courses o In-house Basic Anritsu Sweep Course
- In-house Basic PIM Course
- In-house Basic Fiber Optic Course
- In-house Basic Sunsight AAT Course
- The individual must receive a positive evaluation by his/her manager (top 25%)
Process for Performance Review:
- Performance reviews will be written
- Performance reviews will be administered annually on employees date of hire anniversary
- A written copy will be given to employee
- An employee tech level guide will be discussed during each evaluation, outlining the requirements for advancement to differing tech levels and associated pay rates.