December 11, 2018 –
Reports To: Operations Manager
The tower climber (Level 1) position is an entry-level position which will require an individual to perform climbing and rigging duties on a tower. The individual will be required to learn safe climbing practices, along with general knowledge of the equipment on a tower. All duties will be supervised by an experienced employee.
- Understand and follow all safety practices per the Hightower Operating Procedure
- Prepare the vehicle with the necessary equipment and tools needed for the days activities.
- Taking all required tools/equipment on your person when climbing tower.
- Rigging the tower in preparation for the activities required on the job.
- Color-coding of lines
- Weatherproofing connectors
- Installing and/or changing an antenna or TMA
- Connector Installation
- Proper grounding
- Coax grounds
- Bus bar installation
- Ice Bridge Installation
- Proper line and jumper support
- Keep vehicle and work area clean of trash/debris.
Required Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills:
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean background check
- Clean pre-hire drug screening
- Job requires frequent light to medium lifting (10-50lbs) and occasional heavy to very heavy lifting (> 50 lbs) (per document 37.02 U.S. Department of Labor Physical Demand Characteristics of Work).
- Starting Wage : $15.00/hour
- Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week scheduled; possible night and weekend work
- Travel Required: Yes ($35/night per diem when staying out of town)
- 401K Package (after 1 year)
- 4 Paid Vacation Days/Year
- 24 hours PTO (after 90 days)
Measures of Success:
- Identify and proficient use of all safety equipment, tools and hardware associated with the job
- The individual must possess and demonstrate certain skills, including but not limited to:
- Punctuality – report to work on-time and be prepared and ready to work
- Housekeeping – ensure work area, vehicle and common areas are clean
- Listen/Follow Directions – ability to listen, comprehend, and follow directions
- Respectful – individual must be respectful of all co-workers, management and customers
- Willingness to Learn – individuals must demonstrate a desire to excel at their job by asking questions, volunteering, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- The individual must be able to pass the Competent Climber/Rescue class
- Obtain basic working tools to complete assigned tasks while on the job.
- The individual must receive a positive 90-day evaluation by his/her manager.
Process for Performance Review:
- Performance reviews will be written
- The first performance review will be given on employee’s 90-day trial period, and then annually on employees date of hire anniversary
- A written copy will be given to employee
- An employee tech level guide will be discussed during each evaluation, outlining the requirements for advancement to differing tech levels and associated pay rates.